Qualitas Funds seeks to invest in Europe’s best private equity funds within the mid-market segment by offering its investors privileged access, attractive returns and significant protection in unfavourable scenarios.
- Focus on the European mid-market segment with allocating capital to private equity funds of between EUR 50 and 500 million in size.
- Target portfolio of around 15 funds each of which will typically invest in 10-12 companies with a total of 150-180 underlying companies within the fund of funds.
- Average investment in each underlying fund of EUR 8-10 million.
- Possibility of carrying out secondary operations on funds.
- Option of making direct co-investments in individual companies.
- Coverage of the main European economies with presence in 14 different countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Italy, England, and Ireland.
- No involvement in Spanish funds as LP where Qualitas has direct activity as GP.
- Exposure to all the main currencies of the European Union with 65% of the Euro zone.
Value provided by Qualitas to the managers in which it invests
- Access mainly to Spanish and Latin American investors with little presence in most European Mid Market funds, offering geographical diversification.
- Long-term support thanks to the strength of Qualitas’ investor base with the majority of funds coming from insurance companies and social welfare institutions.
- Successful experience of the Qualitas team in direct investments in private equity, growth, and energy.
- Small size fund with easy to fit investment tickets.
Value provided by Qualitas to its fund investors
- The identification of best in class mid-market funds in Europe which are less well known than the rest of the larger funds.
- Privileged access to these funds with a fund that provides a differential value to European managers.
- Efficient fund design to minimize the impact of the J-curve (annual or semi-annual funds that are invested faster, yield funds, fast rotating funds, direct and secondary co-investments, etc.).
- Privileged access to an attractive flow of co-investment opportunities with the best European managers.